Victoria Beckham under fire: She returns

Have the critics made Victoria Beckham better? How the 46-year-old stylist herself GuardianOn 30 April 2020, it will not finally make 30 of the 120 employees of its fashion brand unemployed. Originally, the former Spice Girl had decided to turn to the support fund set up by the British government at this time of the health crisis: for at least two months, they had to pay 80% of the salary of these employees, the Victoria Beckham branded the remaining 20%. A decision that has sparked outrage across the channel over the past 10 days when we know that the star and her husband David Beckham are at the head of a fortune estimated at 380 million euros.

The well-being of my team and our company means everything to me, Victoria Beckham said on Thursday. We will not rely on the government’s plan. At the beginning of the containment, the shareholders agreed with the management not to make a small part of the staff available. [essentiellement au sein des départements marketing et service clients, et celui de sa boutique située sur Bond Street à Londres, NDLR]. At the time, we didn’t know how long the containment might take, or even its likely impact on the company.” It should be noted that the brand has been in financial difficulties for several months.

A spokesman for the brand Victoria Beckham admitted: “These are tough times and hard decisions, and we don’t always do things right – all we can say is that we try to protect our company and our employees..” The Guardian this state aid could have cost more than EUR 170,000. A sum certainly considerable, but that seems to be “derisors” when they know that the Beckham couple have just offered themselves an apartment in Miami for almost 20 million euros. He is also said to have spent nearly 115,000 euros to celebrate the 21st birthday of his eldest son Brooklyn on March 7. Since then, the small family has been confined to their comfortable home in Cotswolds.