- Dog crate with single-door design for front entry
- Two slide-bolt door latches for increased safety and security
- Sturdy metal construction; folds flat for easy storage/portability
- Designed with mini dividers (1.04 cm between each bar) on bottom perimeter to prevent paws from slipping through
- Optional divider panel and removable composite plastic pan included
- Measures approximately 30x19x21 inches (LxWxH)
- Recommended for medium sized breeds such as Blue Heelers and Golden Retrievers (26 - 75 lbs)
Best Cat Carrier For Long Car Trips Review 2020
AmazonBasics Single-Door & Double-Door Folding Metal Dog or Pet Crate Kennel with Tray
Sherpa Travel Original Deluxe Airline Approved Pet Carrier
2PET Foldable Dog Crate – Soft, Easy to Fold & Carry Dog Crate for Indoor &..
Top 10 Cat Carrier For Long Car Trips
People of scientific systematics believe that the cat is a mammal of the cat family which belongs to carnivorous predators. Years ago, a domestic cat was often considered as a separate biological species than that of carnivorous predators. But, from modern biological systematics, a domestic cat ( Latin name “Felis silvestris catus” ) is a subspecies of a forest cat ( Latin name “Felis silvestris” ).
Though the cat is a solitary hunter for rodents, mice, and other small animals, a cat is a social animal, which has high sensory powers and uses a wide range of sound signals, as well as pheromones and body movements.
In the present scenario, there are about 600 million domestic cats in the world and about 200 breeds have been bred, from longhair ( Persian cat ) to hairless ( sphinxes ), which was counted by various recognized and registered teleological organizations.
Since the last ten thousand years, humans have known the importance of cat and valued them, including for their ability to hunt rodents and other domestic pests
Scientific classification of cats:
In the year 1758, Carl Linnaeus in the ” System of Nature ” the domestic cats were given the binomial name “Felis catus”.Then, Johann Christian von Schreber in the year 1775 gave the wild cats the name of Felis silvestris.
After that based on the data obtained by modern phylogenetics, the domestic cats were one of the five subspecies of the wild cat, known as “Felis silvestris”, having its correct international scientific name of “Felis silvestris catus”. the conclusion was made to assign the name “F. silvestris” to the wild cats, and the name “F. silvestris catus” to its domesticated subspecies, which was made in the year 2003 by the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature, Also they agreed that if in any classification the cats will be described as a separate species, then in this case for the name of the corresponding taxon should use the combination proposed by Linnaeus, – F. catus.
Also, other names in the literature are used as the international scientific (Latin) name of a domestic cat: Felis catus domesticus, Felis silvestris domesticus, as well as the name Felis domesticus (originally Felis Domestica), which was proposed in the year 1777 by Johann Christian Polycarp Erksleben, as the word Felis in those past days was considered feminine). All the above-mentioned names are included in the synonymy of the taxon, and thus should not be used.
In the scientific (popular science) literature, the expression “domestic cat” or simply the word “cat” used as a taxon in Russian literature.
Evolving of the Domestication of cats:
The Domestication of a cat started about 9,500 years ago in the Middle East in the area of the Fertile Crescent, the place where the oldest human civilizations were born and developed. Domestication of a cat began with the transition of a person to a well-settled lifestyle and with the initialization of the development of agriculture when the surplus amount of food appeared and the need arose to preserve and protect them from pests and rodents.
We have the oldest archaeological evidence of the domestication of a cat which was discovered in Cyprus which was an island, where during an archaeological excavation a joint burial of a man and a cat was found, which was around 7500 BC old. Archaeologists also found that the island of Cyprus was colonized by immigrants who came from the areas of modern Anatolia ( Turkey ) and Syria.
Years ago, scientists believed that the ancient Egyptians were the first to domesticate cats. But, the earliest evidence of the taming of cats by the ancient Egyptians was in about 2000-1900 BC and recently people found that in Ancient Egypt, a domestic cat was found just like Cyprus, from the Fertile Crescent ( Anatolia ). And in the present scenario, cats are one of the most popular domestic animals.
Even though cats have been domesticated by humans for a long time, most of the cats can survive in the conditions outside of human habitation, replenishing the ranks of second-time feral cats, since in the conditions of stray life cats are usually quick re-run wild. Also, feral cats often live in solitude and like to hunt alone, but sometimes they also form small colonies of several females with kittens.
What are cat carriers?
Pet carriers are small portable boxes, crates, or cages used for the transport of small animals such as cats, lap dogs, miniature pigs, ferrets, chickens, guinea pigs, and so on, from one location to another. The carriers used for the transport of cats are known as cat carriers.
The two main types of pet carriers are the front openers they are generally made up of tough plastic boxes with a metal front door, such as dog crates) and the second type is top openers (these are generally more like cages with a top-hinged roof), although there are other types these two are used most. Also, a carrier has a handle on its top, although some of the carriers are easy to carry in one’s arms rather than using the handle.
ADVANTAGES of having a cat carrier:
A cat carrier for your little feline is a useful thing in your day to day activities for the whole year-round. The use of cat carriers does not only benefit your cat, but it also benefits you. It provides your little feline the protection that it deserves and for your tension and worry-free mind for your cat.
As fashion is also considered an important element to represent yourself, cat carriers are available in different types, designs, sizes, and colors. You have to find the one that best suits your taste and at the same time gives your cat comfort and extra protection for it is no longer difficult. It is a key point to have a proper-sized carrier that will provide you less stress especially when you travel with your little feline.
Cat carrier for your little feline will give your pet these important benefits:
• Will provide warmth and comfort to your cat.
• Keeps your cat safe when you need to travel from one transport to another.
• Helps prevent getting chills and catching colds in cold weather.
Here are a few advantages that you will get by using a cat carrier:
• You can enjoy your traveling with your cat without worrying about how to carry your cat.
• These cat carriers keep your cat safe and sound with you around that is why your mind will be more at ease and calm.
• Traveling will be easier with these cat carriers that will help you carry your feline.
• It is an enjoyable recreation to shop and dress your pet and look unique and well-fashioned.
Types of Cat Carriers available:
There are four main types of cat carriers:
• Homemade carrier from items you have at home- we have seen people who transport their cats in an old cardboard box, a pillowcase, or a laundry basket. These types of cat carriers are not safe for moving your cat around. Cats can easily escape or get injured if you are transporting them in items that are not specifically designed to be cat travel carriers.
• Cardboard carrier- You will find this type of carrier mostly at cat adoption facilities. They are mostly given to clients for the transporting of a newly-adopted cat home. But, they are mostly used for short term use and can’t be used for the long term.
• Soft-sided carrier- These types of cat carriers are usually made up of nylon or ballistic nylon material, and they are lightweight and easy to tote, they are specially designed for cats and most preferable by animal doctors.
• Hard-sided carrier- These types of cat carriers are usually made up of plastic, and they are very sturdy and durable. They are also one of the best and widely used cat carriers.
Additional Considerations which you must be careful while choosing a Cat Carrier
Here are a few things you should keep in mind when you are choosing a new cat carrier:
• Proper ventilation should be there in your cat carrier. A carrier with openings on three sides preferred.
• Each airline has different rules for pet carriers. So properly check all the flight details regarding cat traveling in flight before buying your cat carrier.
• It is very helpful to have a cat carrier that opens from the top as well as in the front. Cats that do not love to get into or out of the cat carrier may be loaded and unloaded easier from the top than the front or side.
• The cat carriers are a very safe, useful, and sometimes required, a way to transport your cat. Your cat must ride well into it.