Importance of Drinking Water
Most people perspire a lot during these hot days. It is therefore of great importance that the lack of moisture is replenished with water to prevent complaints such as headache, fatigue and listlessness. Complaints that are caused by dehydration.
Water keeps our metabolic system active and ensures the removal of poison and waste. Moreover, it keeps our skin healthy.
Older people in particular must drink enough. They often drink insufficiently, so that the high temperature affects the heart and blood vessels. So keep an eye on the elderly in your area and make sure they drink enough.
If you drink too little, you will see it in your urine. When the urine is yellow you have to drink more. The waste materials in this case are too concentrated in too little moisture. This can lead to a bladder infection. Avoid drinking more than one liter per hour. Your body can’t handle more.
– Take a bottle of water (500 ml) and take it everywhere you go. During the day the bottle is on your desk and after work or school the bottle goes home in your bag. Always top it up.
– Insert a drinking moment. For example a glass of water with every snack you eat.
– Drink tea and coffee from a mug. If you continue to drink the same number of cups per day, you will drink more.
– Be moderate with alcohol that dries out. If you drink a glass of alcohol, you also drink a glass of water.
– Take a few liters of water on the beach. It takes a while, but afterwards you are happy with it.
Tap water is very healthy in the Netherlands
Wells with a special composition, vitalized water, dedicated water. It all costs a lot more, but according to research, ordinary tap water is just as healthy. In the Netherlands, of course, because it is often impossible to drink water from the tap abroad. Moreover, in most cases it is also not safe to drink water in many countries, because it contains all kinds of germs that make people sick. In those cases, bottled water must therefore be purchased. In the Netherlands, the quality of tap water is extremely good .
Drink water regularly on hot days. Most people find it boring to just drink normal water and are quickly done with it.
Water with a taste is then a nice and tasty alternative. It is fresh, very healthy and you will not get fat. It is very easy to make yourself. If you serve it in a nice jug, it also looks nice. What you need for it, you will usually have at home.
What do you need?
– water or carbonated water
– a glass jug or jar, preferably lockable
– fruit, vegetables, herbs
– possibly. some ice cubes
How do you store the water with taste?
Put your water and your fruit, vegetables and / or herbs in a glass jug or preserving jar and put it covered in the fridge. You can keep it for a few days, but it is best when you make it fresh every day.
Today I made my variant with some cucumber, lemon, fresh mint and some red berries.